WaH | All We are Hikers events images album here.
Welcome, we hope you enjoy our info about hiking with us
Lebanon is an amazing country because it is extremely small but it has many closeup places where it needs hours and days to go from one place to another in another country. In Lebanon from the sea to the highest 3088m place takes 60 to 90 minutes. This is the specialty to find in Lebanon where you can never find anywhere else.
Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.Gibran Khalil Gibran
In Lebanon, people have different hobbies. However, according to us, we only care about
one thing; and it is hiking.
Unfortunately, hiking has become discouraged lately and the number of hikers have decreased
slowly. This is exactly the main reason why we made this idea official enough to re-change
Lebanese to encourage hiking.
Instead of meeting new and old friends on the internet and in a restaurant, we are giving you a better way; what's more fun than to enjoy your day meeting new friends, plus doing sports and losing calories all in one. Hiking will be once again the best thing to be done everywhere.
- When two groups of hikers meet on a steep trail, there may be contention for use of the trail. To avoid conflict, a custom has developed in some areas whereby the group moving uphill has the right-of-way.
- Being forced to hike much faster or slower than one's natural pace can be annoying, and difficult to maintain consistently. More seriously, walking unnaturally fast dramatically increases fatigue and exhaustion, and may cause injury. If a group splits between fast and slow hikers, the slow hikers may be left behind or become lost. A common custom is to encourage the slowest hiker to hike in the lead and have everyone match that speed.
- Hikers generally enjoy the peace of their natural surroundings. Loud sounds such as shouting or loud conversation, or the use of mobile phones, disrupt this enjoyment. However making noise is considered a necessary safety precaution in many areas home to large wild animals, especially predators such as bears.
- To keep nature beautiful, it is important that no traces are left. Besides the obvious, such as bringing back all trash, leaving no traces also comprises taking care not to unnecessarily break plants or disturbing wildlife.
Also, staying as a group will force animals such as dogs, pigs or anything else not to attack you to protect themselves or their kids. Always listen to our guide whether in the front or back, to understand what he means. If you are too tired to, continue let the guide know, don't force yourself to hike when you feel tired. Always inform us with anything that happens to you on our way because in the end, we are there to enjoy our day, have fun and return back home with an amazing story to talk about.
- - sun glasses
- - extra clothes if we are resting close to a pond or river
- - cap to protect your head from the sun
- - Camera (in case you love to take natural pictures)
- - A stick (some prefer a natural stick taken from a tree and others prefer to use none)
- - Sunscreen